RELATIONSHIPS
WELCOME!!!

I hope you will take this activity in a responsible way and that you will have fun writing your ideas and reading other people´s thoughts. Remember that everybody has something important to say and everybody´s opinions are so valuable. Let´s start!!!

NOTE: If you are new at this forum, click on "Register". If you are already a member, click on "Log In".
RELATIONSHIPS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH MY BEAUTIFUL PRINCESSES!!!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

VANITY

Go down 
+52
taty echeverri
Vivit@
Carolina Arbelàez!
Laura Patiño
Monica Ardila
Ximena Perez
karen lopez
aleja valderrama
MariaBetancur
Manu Arbelaez!
lauRamirez
ginis
Caro Garcia
Catalina Suárez Garzón
carito.sepu
tatiana alvarez
Paola Henao
juliana echavarria
Ana María Gómez
Ana Isabel
pamea alzate
Sandra Sosa
natyj
anatoro
Dani Orozco
Nati Gaviria
Geme Pauli
Paula Silva
ValentinaGomez
Alejita.Hdez
linagil
yesica agudelo
Pam O Rpo
Meli Yepes
SaritaMuñoz
dianapala
nathalygiraldo
Andrecardenas
mari ochoa
Melissa Restrepo G*
laura perez
Laura Zapata
daniela garcia
Mari Maldonado
Alejandra arcila
Dani_Repo
krolainaR.
cata rpo
Vane Arcila C
salome
daniela tobon
juanes
56 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Carolina Arbelàez!

Carolina Arbelàez!

VANITY - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VANITY   VANITY - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 9:41 pm

I like everything they say about the vanity ... I'm actually not a vain person, I like being quiet, and cheerful ... vanity for me is only superficial, it is better to be somebody Complete, nice, who likes to help others without expecting anything in return!

If you're feeling frightened about what comes next, don't be. Embrace the uncertainty. Allow it to lead you places. Be brave as it challenges you to exercise both your heart and your mind as you create your own path towards happiness, don't waste time with regret. Spin wildly into your next action. Enjoy the present, each moment, as it comes; because you'll never get another one quite like it. And if you should ever look up and find yourself lost, simply take a breath and start over. Retrace your steps and go back to the purest place in your heart... where your hope lives. You'll find your way again.
Back to top Go down
linagil

linagil

VANITY - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VANITY   VANITY - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 7:22 pm

Laura Patiño wrote:
Vanity is superficial something that we make and want to pretend.
We propose an estetic shape and plastic that we want to reach and follow it like a pattern.

We have consumist society that proposes to us life styles and models to follow and if we don´t reach these goals we won´t be a good part of the world and we´ll be nothing.

I am one of the person that look behind of that shape, what is matter to that person, what he/she thinks, feels, knows. I don´t like plastic persons, that only the shape counts. Generally that people are empty without arguments and wich is to hard to take a conversation; always pretending and wishing being watched.

I have always thought that beauty is important, but it is not all.

queen

totally in agreement the superficiality is the evil handling of the vanity!
Back to top Go down
Laura Patiño

Laura Patiño

VANITY - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VANITY   VANITY - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 5:46 pm

Vanity is superficial something that we make and want to pretend.
We propose an estetic shape and plastic that we want to reach and follow it like a pattern.

We have consumist society that proposes to us life styles and models to follow and if we don´t reach these goals we won´t be a good part of the world and we´ll be nothing.

I am one of the person that look behind of that shape, what is matter to that person, what he/she thinks, feels, knows. I don´t like plastic persons, that only the shape counts. Generally that people are empty without arguments and wich is to hard to take a conversation; always pretending and wishing being watched.

I have always thought that beauty is important, but it is not all.

queen
Back to top Go down
Monica Ardila

VANITY - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VANITY   VANITY - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 10:29 pm

i am agree wiht Ana Rico about the vanity.

how says the song it is necessary to look at the escencia not the appearances.

being conceited leads us to being haughty and we find the real beauty in that one that we never see because she is conceals for the clothes.
Back to top Go down
linagil

linagil

VANITY - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VANITY   VANITY - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 9:24 pm

Manu Arbelaez! wrote:
linagil wrote:
nowadays it has become the beauty but a business and that it has taken to us to make everything belong to the society, olvidandonos even of the principles and of the meaning of it brings back to consciousness. the vanity today is a rivalry, is wanted to be always pretty but at the cost of which? the vanity is not bad, is a good to want to us to feel pretty and better to be it but at that we are arriving so that beauty stands out?

Material things are not which makes you, someone beautiful or ugly, why only ignorant people her handle as rivalry, aisles and elements.

the question is that we can do to be more beautiful? because they are cute and better using the elements created by mankind to be more beautiful. conceited is not bad, everyone uses beauty products but we reached a limit that exceeds the vanity and there is developed the question
Back to top Go down
linagil

linagil

VANITY - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VANITY   VANITY - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 8:55 pm

Love Is Louder Than The Pressure To be Perfect.
Back to top Go down
juanes
Admin
juanes

VANITY - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Attachments!!!!   VANITY - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 7:56 pm

Now, you can add to your posts any attachment you want from your computer. Below the place you write on, you will find a new box named "attach file". Use it!!! You can share anything you like.
Back to top Go down
http://relationships.secretsstories.com
Manu Arbelaez!

Manu Arbelaez!

VANITY - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VANITY   VANITY - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 7:13 pm

linagil wrote:
nowadays it has become the beauty but a business and that it has taken to us to make everything belong to the society, olvidandonos even of the principles and of the meaning of it brings back to consciousness. the vanity today is a rivalry, is wanted to be always pretty but at the cost of which? the vanity is not bad, is a good to want to us to feel pretty and better to be it but at that we are arriving so that beauty stands out?

Material things are not which makes you, someone beautiful or ugly, why only ignorant people her handle as rivalry, aisles and elements.
Back to top Go down
mari ochoa

mari ochoa

VANITY - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VANITY   VANITY - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 7:02 pm

Have you seen the movie the devil's advocate ?.... Is the true sign of vanity like sin

"VANITY IS MY FAVORITE SIN"
As the movie ended, the Devil, played by Al Pacino, stated, “Vanity is my favorite sin.” The wicked smile and stare rang true because most of us know that vanity and ego can corrupt us all.
Back to top Go down
linagil

linagil

VANITY - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VANITY   VANITY - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 6:41 pm

Back to top Go down
salome

salome

VANITY - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VANITY   VANITY - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 5:42 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAfyFTzZDMM

"Every day is so wonderful
And suddenly, it's hard to breath
Now and then, I get insecure
From all the pain, I'm so ashamed

I am beautiful no matter what they say
Words can't bring me down
I am beautiful in every single way
Yes, words can't bring me down Ohh, nooo
So don't you bring me down today"

I THINK THAT THIS SONG IS EXCELLENT , ALL SHOWS ARE BEAUTIFUL, NO MATTER WHAT OTHERS THINK WE HAVE SOMETHING THAT MAKES SPECIAL.

Back to top Go down
dianapala

dianapala

VANITY - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VANITY   VANITY - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 5:32 pm

MariaBetancur wrote:
I think vanity is not a sin, as long as it Doesn't manage your life... I mean, vanity is beautiful, it's a way of showing who you are, your likes, your personality, but it can be everything in our lifes because it is not the most important... There is something else beyond the phisical appearance of a person, there is something else behind the makeup, the beautiful clothes and the long hair... So we have to value not only the external things of people, but the feelings and the person his/her self as well.
According your opinion maria clara I think that when anybody talk about vanity without exaggerations,It means that the essence of a being and what inside is what counts, vanity is the love that a person has for him or herself in a relationship of acceptance and security. When a person achieves to accept how he or she is and is alright with the body he has and loves himself.
"Vanity and love for one’s self is the same thing”

Last edited by dianapala on Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:21 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dani_Repo

Dani_Repo

VANITY - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VANITY   VANITY - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 11:02 pm

MariaBetancur wrote:
I think vanity is not a sin, as long as it Doesn't manage your life... I mean, vanity is beautiful, it's a way of showing who you are, your likes, your personality, but it can be everything in our lifes because it is not the most important... There is something else beyond the phisical appearance of a person, there is something else behind the makeup, the beautiful clothes and the long hair... So we have to value not only the external things of people, but the feelings and the person his/her self as well.

okay, vanity is not a sin, that would be too exaggerated, you talk that behind all the makeup and clothes there feelings, and that is so truth!! , the problem I see is that the human being to become a being that lives on stereotypes, and surrender a cult to the beauty inappropriate, even sometimes radical.
Back to top Go down
Laura Zapata

Laura Zapata

VANITY - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VANITY   VANITY - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 10:16 pm

"which denies their own vanity often possess in so brutal way, which should close your eyes if you don't want to belittle himself" I think vanity is defined as a kind of arrogance, hubris, an exaggerated perception of hubris, and this is that men of today are only thinking which will tell other people. So my conclusion is to be simple to what make up truly not we are and want to appear.
Back to top Go down
Ximena Perez

Ximena Perez

VANITY - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VANITY   VANITY - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 10:13 pm

"the own love and vanity make us believe that our vices are virtues, and our virtues, vices"
Vanity corrupts human being, and that leads them to a chaos where it is governed by a society that thinks only about good look and perfection. Today´s men do not think about the knowledge they can achieve. They only think about sexy bodies and good looking. That´s why is important to be meek with ourselves and with the rest of the world.
Back to top Go down
karen lopez

VANITY - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VANITY   VANITY - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 10:04 pm

Vanity means a lot, now women are so keen to use many tools that allow us to see ourselves beautiful and because of that I think that greatly influences both ourselves as men.

The sad thing about a vain woman is that put aside her inner beauty as only cares about the outside and as such shows herself to the world a scornful woman, without dreams or goals at all. Every woman should be aware of their physical but also the way it is enjoying his life and is giving to know herself to the world.
Back to top Go down
mari ochoa

mari ochoa

VANITY - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VANITY   VANITY - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 7:32 pm

Vanity can be a powerful motivator, for the simple fact that people respond to good looks. If you know this and let this drive you I know that you can achieve your goals. Now with that said do not let it become you life do not become so vain that you forget those around. True change comes from introspection.
Back to top Go down
aleja valderrama

aleja valderrama

VANITY - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VANITY   VANITY - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 7:13 pm

The vanity is very important and especially for us, the women. that makes us feel good with ourselves. But we also should worry about our inner beauty because it is so important as the exterior, they together complement us. Let's be vain but do not let die our hearts
king
Back to top Go down
MariaBetancur

MariaBetancur

VANITY - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VANITY   VANITY - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 6:39 pm

Back to top Go down
Manu Arbelaez!

Manu Arbelaez!

VANITY - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VANITY   VANITY - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 5:43 pm

tatiana alvarez wrote:
Beauty is not only the physical appearance but also our feelings and virtues as a person ...[img][/img]

the extern beuty is a complement of the inside!
Back to top Go down
Manu Arbelaez!

Manu Arbelaez!

VANITY - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VANITY   VANITY - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 5:16 pm

Caro Garcia wrote:
Vane Arcila C wrote:
Caro Garcia wrote:
Vanity sometimes exhibit behaviors as arrogance, these persons want to arrive appear behaviors more than are actually. the vanity is is the excessive recognition of what one is.

that's right your comment !, but I think that vanity is not recognition of what are actually. The vanity just is a behavior of self-esteem and want to see nice. Smile

So I say, sometimes, because not always people behave arrogant when they are vain, I think that is no bad and that can be vain to show what is to love onese lf. Very Happy

The vanity is for intelligent people that see in an internal way of a person, but not in an external way of superficial stuff.
Back to top Go down
tatiana alvarez

tatiana alvarez

VANITY - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VANITY   VANITY - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 4:59 pm

Beauty is not only the physical appearance but also our feelings and virtues as a person ...[img][/img]

Last edited by tatiana alvarez on Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Manu Arbelaez!

Manu Arbelaez!

VANITY - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VANITY   VANITY - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 4:45 pm

Caro Garcia wrote:
Vane Arcila C wrote:
Caro Garcia wrote:
Vanity sometimes exhibit behaviors as arrogance, these persons want to arrive appear behaviors more than are actually. the vanity is is the excessive recognition of what one is.

that's right your comment !, but I think that vanity is not recognition of what are actually. The vanity just is a behavior of self-esteem and want to see nice. Smile

So I say, sometimes, because not always people behave arrogant when they are vain, I think that is no bad and that can be vain to show what is to love onese lf. Very Happy

In agreement to comments, vanity isn't bad, it is only a excessive appreciation of who we are, knowing actually we should worry about internal vanity, the inside is what truly inspires love, not a physical that we organized with make up, chemical elements, it only hides external defects. The Vanity is not bad when we know how manage it, not as a way to show us how beautiful girls or handsome boys, if not a way to show how fantastic we are in inside.
Back to top Go down
Ana Isabel

Ana Isabel

VANITY - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VANITY   VANITY - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 4:06 pm

ginis wrote:
Nowadays, people are worring too much about their appearances. Spend a lot of money in plastic surgeries, clothes and shoes of expensive brands. Well, I think, vanity become people with excessive pride for their appearance even change their behaviours for example, they develop feelings of superiority, arrogants, self-absorbed because they think that they look better than others. Sometime, some of them need Psychology help.

Last week I wrote this in the school, today I want to write this again because I think is really appropriated concernig vanity: "In the few clothes of the things lives basic beauty, tired of the pretense of its magnitude due to the excess of clothing" Not necessary vanity means the same that beauty, Plastic Surgeries are good once (if you RELLY need one) but when are in excess like everything are damaging...true beauty is in simple things, things that are in front of you and not in the extraordinarity
Back to top Go down
lauRamirez

VANITY - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VANITY   VANITY - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 11:54 pm

jajajajaja this very weird but good
http://www.okcupid.com/tests/take?testid=5778067532259505188
all you narcissistic
lie lie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

VANITY - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VANITY   VANITY - Page 2 Empty