RELATIONSHIPS
WELCOME!!!

I hope you will take this activity in a responsible way and that you will have fun writing your ideas and reading other people´s thoughts. Remember that everybody has something important to say and everybody´s opinions are so valuable. Let´s start!!!

NOTE: If you are new at this forum, click on "Register". If you are already a member, click on "Log In".
RELATIONSHIPS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH MY BEAUTIFUL PRINCESSES!!!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

VANITY

Go down 
+52
taty echeverri
Vivit@
Carolina Arbelàez!
Laura Patiño
Monica Ardila
Ximena Perez
karen lopez
aleja valderrama
MariaBetancur
Manu Arbelaez!
lauRamirez
ginis
Caro Garcia
Catalina Suárez Garzón
carito.sepu
tatiana alvarez
Paola Henao
juliana echavarria
Ana María Gómez
Ana Isabel
pamea alzate
Sandra Sosa
natyj
anatoro
Dani Orozco
Nati Gaviria
Geme Pauli
Paula Silva
ValentinaGomez
Alejita.Hdez
linagil
yesica agudelo
Pam O Rpo
Meli Yepes
SaritaMuñoz
dianapala
nathalygiraldo
Andrecardenas
mari ochoa
Melissa Restrepo G*
laura perez
Laura Zapata
daniela garcia
Mari Maldonado
Alejandra arcila
Dani_Repo
krolainaR.
cata rpo
Vane Arcila C
salome
daniela tobon
juanes
56 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
pamea alzate

pamea alzate

VANITY - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VANITY   VANITY - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 11:42 pm

about wildestein i think that she is insane, apart that seems a weird drag, spent 4 million bucks in surgeries. wtf? 4 million,with that amount would have feed half of africa and get another husband, but the reality in this shallow world is that u have to be pretty or pretty to be "successful" in your life, and all that your need is money at least for hire a stylist and make up artist.

The the humans beings are a such a weird breed cuz the beauty for us has to be so pefect and that brings us to the extreme, like in Europe u have to be basically flat, in Asia your better with bigger eyes and in Latin america all want to be curvy. Everywhere people have different standards and your forced to follow those standards cause the world is made for them.
clown
Back to top Go down
ValentinaGomez

ValentinaGomez

VANITY - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VANITY   VANITY - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 11:01 pm

Im desagree with gina , because vain people dont always want to be more than the others, just want to feel good with themselves feel beautiful and not necessarily through surgeries or the like ,but also dress good or make up because i think the vanity is part of the human because vanity is not just be more than the other becasue also influences in the personal presentation of each one, really not is so bad be vain, simply we just need to know how far reaching. Smile
Back to top Go down
ginis

VANITY - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VANITY   VANITY - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 10:13 pm

Nowadays, people are worring too much about their appearances. Spend a lot of money in plastic surgeries, clothes and shoes of expensive brands. Well, I think, vanity become people with excessive pride for their appearance even change their behaviours for example, they develop feelings of superiority, arrogants, self-absorbed because they think that they look better than others. Sometime, some of them need Psychology help.
Back to top Go down
Vane Arcila C

Vane Arcila C

VANITY - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VANITY   VANITY - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 8:24 pm

Caro Garcia wrote:
Vane Arcila C wrote:
Caro Garcia wrote:
Vanity sometimes exhibit behaviors as arrogance, these persons want to arrive appear behaviors more than are actually. the vanity is is the excessive recognition of what one is.

that's right your comment !, but I think that vanity is not recognition of what are actually. The vanity just is a behavior of self-esteem and want to see nice. Smile

So I say, sometimes, because not always people behave arrogant when they are vain, I think that is no bad and that can be vain to show what is to love onese lf. Very Happy

On this side you're right, every person watching the side of vanity. silent

afro Although they say it is a false image, each puts “malice”.
Back to top Go down
Caro Garcia

Caro Garcia

VANITY - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VANITY   VANITY - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 8:21 pm

Vane Arcila C wrote:
Caro Garcia wrote:
Vanity sometimes exhibit behaviors as arrogance, these persons want to arrive appear behaviors more than are actually. the vanity is is the excessive recognition of what one is.

that's right your comment !, but I think that vanity is not recognition of what are actually. The vanity just is a behavior of self-esteem and want to see nice. Smile

So I say, sometimes, because not always people behave arrogant when they are vain, I think that is no bad and that can be vain to show what is to love onese lf. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Vane Arcila C

Vane Arcila C

VANITY - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VANITY   VANITY - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 8:16 pm

Caro Garcia wrote:

Back to top Go down
Caro Garcia

Caro Garcia

VANITY - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VANITY   VANITY - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 8:04 pm

Back to top Go down
Vane Arcila C

Vane Arcila C

VANITY - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VANITY   VANITY - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 7:38 pm

Back to top Go down
Pam O Rpo

Pam O Rpo

VANITY - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VANITY   VANITY - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 7:37 pm

I think and I think it's best if your hair is curly adapts to what you will say, but you will not die because you have curly hair before qeu that's what your brand personality Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ana María Gómez

Ana María Gómez

VANITY - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: The other side of the Vanity   VANITY - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 7:35 pm

Catalina Suárez Garzón wrote:
I think that the vanity is superficial to what in reality a person should perceive in another, although not setting aside the good presentation. the vanity is a fashion that has actually implemented in the society because it has created a prototype that everyone, women and men should get, the cruelty of the matter is the way it sells beauty, with innovative products that generate only high costs. :/ Mad No Rolling Eyes

According to what Cata said, I think she's absolutely right, seeing the context that we are using. Beginning because she starts with the thought that everybody knows: The vanity is used for the society who exploits the people in an subconscious way putting publicity with a specific prototype of women and men. In this occasion I want to express that there's a more completely and relative form to talk about the Vanity, because is not an only word, in fact is a concept that cover a lot of means, and it is ridiculous if we only manipulate an unique side, is better always being neutral in these cases. As a result of, I'm going to explain the positive side of the Vanity.

Vanity is not always seeing like a bad thing, or something superficial impose by the society. Vanity is necessary to have a good mental health, well nowadays considering us better than everyone else, superior in a situation or in a moment, that can give us the impulse to achieve ours dreams. I'm not gonna think that the vanity is the opposite of self-esteem or the wrong side of it, otherwise I would consider that Vanity is modern time's self-esteem. Now, we have to pay attention to don't go too far with "The vanity" and arrive to the levels of arrogance. While the self-esteem and vanity can show us how a person is very self-confident, the arrogance can make us look hateful for the other people and can close our friend's relations.

Last edited by Ana María Gómez on Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
mari ochoa

mari ochoa

VANITY - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VANITY   VANITY - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 7:08 pm

George Sand said: "Vanity is the quicksand of reason" .....

But I think in moderation is good!
Back to top Go down
Paola Henao

Paola Henao

VANITY - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VANITY   VANITY - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 6:53 pm

juanes wrote:
Paola Henao wrote:

By wanting to be beautiful, not only do we damage our natural beauty with surgeries and treatments in order to be above the rest, but we also hurt animals by using them as experiments to see if our skin can handle such treatments. I find it incredible that us humans can be so apathetic and ruthless only to gain wealth and publicity at the expense of our environment and living creatures.

VANITY - Page 3 Enpa_spray No No affraid

What a nice pic!!!! Excellent topic, by the way. I´m glad we are talking here about this testing on animals. There´s a lot to say related to that.

yeah juanes, in the production of the makeup always need to know if it cause hurts to the persons, there are stronger images, the problem is that they have to use the products and the first idea are the ANIMALS, I saw one of a rabbit to which they took the whole skin from him using the razor blades that were going to sell. The human beings we do not look for the truth and conform to the first thing that we see,
Back to top Go down
Catalina Suárez Garzón

Catalina Suárez Garzón

VANITY - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VANITY   VANITY - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 6:04 pm

I think that the vanity is superficial to what in reality a person should perceive in another, although not setting aside the good presentation. the vanity is a fashion that has actually implemented in the society because it has created a prototype that everyone, women and men should get, the cruelty of the matter is the way it sells beauty, with innovative products that generate only high costs. :/ Mad No Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Ana Isabel

Ana Isabel

VANITY - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VANITY   VANITY - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 6:01 pm

mari ochoa wrote:
I do not agree with those who think that vanity is excessive self-love

Remember:
“When you truly are able to love yourself, you will find that your ability to manifest—to create benevolence, to trust, and all other possibilities—will come from this self-love.”

By definition, vanity is the excessive belief in one's own abilities or attractiveness to others, and that means excessive self-love. There´s one thing if you like and you want to be pretty (handsome) and well-presented, but when you reduce your life to this, I think there´s a problem, and it name is vanity

Last edited by Ana Isabel on Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alejandra arcila

Alejandra arcila

VANITY - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VANITY   VANITY - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 5:33 pm

the excess of vanity is the ego and in many occasions the luxury, the luxury is a necessity that begins where necessity ends that actually doing is neither necessary nor basic, and the ego does not exist, is mental, but since virtually all mental, existencia.Es desert has a construction of the imagination to protect us, give us boundaries of separation, the concept of self, which limits us

I think the limit of our body depends on the limit of our vanity for vanity if you exceed our bodies end up destroying our lives and then cat
Back to top Go down
daniela tobon

VANITY - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VANITY   VANITY - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 5:22 pm

Still in this day and age, die each year thousands of animals in cosmetic testing, such as rabbits, chimpanzees, mice, rats, pigs ... these are the most commonly used for this type of evidence.
Shampoos, shower gels, shaving foam, toothpaste, hair spray, face creams, sunscreens, certain foods, medicines and the list is endless. Before any product reaches the consumer, many companies directly tested in animals to see what their effect, and subjected to countless tests, which "voluntarily" to stop them in their little tiny bodies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArvuiCxKlME&feature=related
Back to top Go down
Ana Isabel

Ana Isabel

VANITY - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VANITY   VANITY - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 5:14 pm

carito.sepu wrote:
"Vanity is so fantastic, that even causes us to worry about what they think of us once dead and buried" of the author Ernesto Sábato, sometimes people only care more for what they are on the outside than inside, the essence of the Person can not be found in the superficial glance, sometimes not the eyes can reflect the look of the sou[/b]

I love how she ended her opinion, I agree with what she said and there´s something I want to add; once, I read "The little prince" and I found a phrase that I´ll never forget and I try to aply to my life everyday "Here is my secret. It is very simple: It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eyes"...It speaks by itself...Truly important things live in the simplicity
Back to top Go down
daniela tobon

VANITY - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VANITY   VANITY - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 5:07 pm

vanity in relationships represents one of the problems most significatin cooples separation.
because if one prtner is vain or both true love is left behind or what really falls in love is with the inner beauty.
sadly the word beauty or vanity, is now a days the most important when picking a partner.
the feelings don´t matter what matters are the looks for if rhese are not perfect the person is anuled
we should change this way of seeing love, first the feelings determine if these are compatible with our feelings and that way we can find true love!
Back to top Go down
Dani_Repo

Dani_Repo

VANITY - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VANITY   VANITY - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 11:01 pm

Paola Henao wrote:

By wanting to be beautiful, not only do we damage our natural beauty with surgeries and treatments in order to be above the rest, but we also hurt animals by using them as experiments to see if our skin can handle such treatments. I find it incredible that us humans can be so apathetic and ruthless only to gain wealth and publicity at the expense of our environment and living creatures.

I think that all the womens in the world want to be beautiful (without exception), but, what is the price?
it's fair that a poor animal pay this price?
it's hard to me imagine, for example, that the lipstick i use could be tested in a animal that suffer for that, make myself guilty about the animal pain, and i want to stop of use beauty products, but this is so hard, like..... i don't know, stop smoking
Back to top Go down
mari ochoa

mari ochoa

VANITY - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VANITY   VANITY - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 5:10 pm

Follow this link and look at this picture so awesome

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c9/Allisvanity.jpg
Back to top Go down
carito.sepu

carito.sepu

VANITY - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VANITY   VANITY - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 10:03 pm

"Self-love and vanity make us believe that our vices are virtues, and our virtues, vices" Jacinto Benavente ...
vanity can cost more than vice

Last edited by carito.sepu on Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
carito.sepu

carito.sepu

VANITY - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VANITY   VANITY - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 9:58 pm

"Vanity is so fantastic, that even causes us to worry about what they think of us once dead and buried" of the author Ernesto Sábato, sometimes people only care more for what they are on the outside than inside, the essence of the Person can not be found in the superficial glance, sometimes not the eyes can reflect the look of the sou[/b]
Back to top Go down
juanes
Admin
juanes

VANITY - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VANITY   VANITY - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 8:32 pm

Paola Henao wrote:

VANITY - Page 3 Enpa_spray No No affraid

What a nice pic!!!! Excellent topic, by the way. I´m glad we are talking here about this testing on animals. There´s a lot to say related to that.
Back to top Go down
http://relationships.secretsstories.com
tatiana alvarez

tatiana alvarez

VANITY - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLclDoXZBrs   VANITY - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 8:06 pm

Back to top Go down
tatiana alvarez

tatiana alvarez

VANITY - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VANITY   VANITY - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 8:04 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

VANITY - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VANITY   VANITY - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

VANITY
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next